ART19 can support tracking pixels and ping any 3rd party tracking URL at both a campaign and ad level. Here's an overview of the feature and supported parameters.
How 3rd party ad tracking works:
- Tracking destination URLs are pinged when impressions are processed.
- This means an external ad server is pinged once for every reported impression for the related ad and will correlate to your selected measurement filtering window.
- Unlike display and live streaming where tracking tags are fired client side, in podcasting, tags are fired server side.
- We are only able to pass along information that the client provides at the time of the file request, at this time no podcast app passes device ID or mobile ad ID so they are not currently supported in this feature
- We pass along the user agent of the end user in the X-Device Useragent header of the tracking ping by default
- The passing of IP address in the X-Forward-For and X-Device-IP headers can be enabled for your ad ops profile. This is a requirement for some 3rd party tracking vendors. To enable this please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
The below parameters are available as macros that will be dynamically populated when the 3rd party tracking URL is pinged:
encryptedDeviceIP - The end user’s IP address which has been encrypted with a PBKDF2-derived key and placed within a simple envelope. Encryption key can be shared upon request to email@example.com.
episodeID - The Universally Unique Identifier of the episode the creative was inserted in. You can use this to build an enclosure URL, for example: https://rss.art19.com/episodes/.mp3
seriesID - The Universally Unique Identifier of the series the creative was inserted in.
timestamp - Unix UTC timestamp in seconds of when the ad was served
timestampISO - ISO8601 UTC timestamp of when the ad was served
random - Randomly generated number between 0 and 1,000,000
Supported 3rd Party tracking vendors
While we can ping any 3rd party, we have tested the following list of vendors on the ART19 platform. Those 3rd parties that have worked with us to certify the integration are noted as such.
- Adform [CERTIFIED]
- Artsai [CERTIFIED]
- Chartable [CERTIFIED]
- Claritas/Barometric [CERTIFIED]
- Cuebiq - [CERTIFIED]
- Double Verify [CERTIFIED]
- Dynata [CERTIFIFED]
- Extreme Reach [CERTIFIED]
- Google Ad Manager/DCM
- Kantar [CERTIFIED]
- LeadsRx [CERTIFIED]
- Lucid [CERTIFIED]
- Nielsen DAR
- Podscribe [CERTIFIED]
- Podsights [CERTIFIED]
- Podtrac [CERTIFIED]
- Prodege [CERTIFIED]
Unsupported 3rd Party tracking vendors
While we can ping any 3rd party, certain vendors have additional requirements such as device ID, MAID or java script tags that can not be supported in the podcasting ecosystem today.