ART19 was the first enterprise hosting platform to get IABv2 certified, and we’ve been excited to see the rest of the industry follow suit. IABv2 is now the industry standard for measuring podcast downloads and ad impressions. Learn more about IABv2.
On January 1, 2022, ART19 deprecated our legacy measurement types (5-minute, 60-minute, 24-hour) and switch all remaining profiles to the IABv2 standard.
Why did we make this change?
- With 23 companies in podcasting now certified for IABv2 measurement, there is no question that this is the standard the industry has chosen.
- Continuing to offer nonstandard, legacy measurement can create confusion for our customers and the advertisers they work with.
What are the biggest differences between legacy measurement and IABv2?
- To count as a valid download in IABv2, one minute of podcast content, excluding all file metadata (ID3 tag, image, etc.), needs to be downloaded by the listener's device.
- To count as a valid ad impression in IABv2, all data related to an advertisement must be downloaded by the listener’s device.
- IABv2 measurement uses a 24-hour rolling window to more accurately capture listening sessions, as opposed to legacy measurement windows which were fixed.