Noticing your downloads are dropping for a particular series? Here are some good things to check on your end first, before reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any follow up questions:
It can be difficult to identify the cause of listening trends. Listenership can fluctuate for myriad of reasons - whether due to topical trends, time of year, or marketing efforts. It is important to note that ART19 uses IABv2.1 measurement, which may differ from other host platforms.
If you recently migrated over to ART19:
- Do you know which measurement your old host used and if it used the latest guidelines of IABv2?
- Are there any special feeds or pages that were not redirected from the old host or website? Can you find sources of listeners/subscribers not represented in ART19 stats that were represented before? It may be good to check that all of your usual listening apps are represented in the ART19 stats dashboard under Top Browsers.
- Were all embedded players updated to ART19 players or to your new ART19 mp3 links?
For all cases:
- Have there been any promotional or publishing changes? (i.e. Are you publishing less often, have you changed the content significantly, have you altered social media engagement efforts?)
- Did you add any analytics prefixes (i.e. Podtrac, Podsights, Chartable) that caused an initial Spotify spike? This is a known issue on Spotify.
- Are you also seeing the same spikes or drops in your Apple, Spotify, and/or prefix dashboards? This is the best indicator as to whether it could be related to ART19, as they are 3rd party.